ZACK SAYS NO TO SUCKER PUNCH 3D

At the Comic Conn Zack Snyder commented on the reason why Sucker Punch has not been produced with a 3D version. He said:

When we started talking about it, I had a certain idea of how I wanted to move the camera and I had a certain idea of how I wanted the film to feel. I am a fan of 3D. Legends is all 3D. It was conceived in 3D and, if anyone has seen it, I think the 3D is pretty friggin awesome, if I do say so myself. We did talk about it and, in the press, there was word that we were going to do it in 3D.
We really were considering it. But we had seen a bunch of tests and conversion didn't sit with me that great. Without being baked in, it just felt a little weird. But they also showed me a test of 300 that was pretty awesome. But it didn't feel right for this movie. It's in eye-numbing 2D, which is also awesome.
I guess what he trying to say was that the the movie is too intense in 2D that making a 3D version of it would be over the top.
I've seen the trailer and there were a lot of fast paced fight scenes viewing those on 3D would only make your eyes burn. In my personal experience I've appreciated 3D when the scene is still or in regular speed 'cause then, I can look around let my eyes adjust and see the images pop out of the screen.
Like in Avatar, I've enjoyed to see the beautiful creatures in the forest coming alive in 3D it was amazing but with the war scenes, I had to shut my eyes for seconds at a time to relieve the strain in my eyes.
So I say good call Zack!